Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Chemo is Working!

Good news! My PET CT scan on Wednesday revealed that the tumors in my lymph nodes and liver are shrinking! Many of the smaller spots in the original scan were not even visible in the recent scan. Two of the largest tumors reduced in size by half. I was very, VERY happy with the results, and so is my doctor. I am still not sure if my chemo cycle will be changed yet. I do have a big dose this Thursday. But knowing that the meds are doing their job - that all the sickness and exhaustion is worth something - I am relieved.

I have so many cancer fan shout outs to make to friends and family. I am feelin the love, people! I love all the meals, the Kelty's funny videos and cards, co-workers pasta dishes and desserts, my mom and dad taking me to my chemo treatments, Kristin's bag 'o meals, Chris tending to me while I moan... I could go on and on. Prayers and words of support are getting me throught this as well.

I know I am going to beat this- and am inspired and encouraged by everyone. Hugs and kisses to all!

5 comments: