Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I am going to the Beach NO MATTER WHAT!

Inquiring minds want to know if my chemo will affect my August 15 beach trip. I asked my doctor if it would, and thank God, she said we can work around it. I NEED this vacation, my kids need this vacation, and whether or not I am tired, nauseous, or bald - I am going to be there!

Most likely I will get a second round of chemo the week before the beach. And as much as I enjoy road-tripping with the kids and cruising around in my newish Mazda 5, I have no way of knowing how I will feel after two rounds of chemo.

So to my family members who are going to the beach – if necessary - I hope you can find room in your hearts and your cars for me, some boogie boards, several bags of crap, two moody teens and rowdy 10-year old boy.

Beach 2009 will be the BEST VACATION EVER!

Can you say “Corn Hole”?

3 comments:

  1. CORN HOLE!!!

    You know we will be able to help in any way. Whether it is adding more bags of crap to our bags of crap or taking you or one or two of your kiddies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though we aren't going, you can always stop by our place for a break on the trip if you need to :)

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete